How Our Process Works:
- Call to schedule an appointment to measure your kitchen countertop, bathroom, outdoor, wet bar, etc.
- Begin with an estimate/template appointment. Our first appointment with you will be to create the template for our work, which will take approximately 20-35 minutes. You will likely receive a written estimate within a few days.
- NOTE: The final quote or cost of your countertop installation will depend on the type of countertop material you choose.
- Different colors and grades of granite, marble, quartz, quartzite, and dolomite can vary considerably in price. The same is true between stone, siltstone, corian, etc.
- Visit us at our store to pick out your countertop material and color.
- Know your sink, faucet, and kitchen appliances. The dimensions of your kitchen faucet and sink, bathroom faucet and sink, and every new kitchen appliance must be known prior to installing granite countertops. Sinks, faucets, and appliances must fit the cabinets as well. Slab size, seams, and cutouts all depend on precise measurements, so start shopping to choose early.
- Choose your countertop edges. Pick out the style or profile you like the best for your marble or granite countertop installation.
- In order to initiate a job, we require a 50% deposit. After a job is complete, the other 50% will need to be paid within two weeks. If not paid within 2 weeks, we have the right to remove and keep the 50% deposit. David Stone provides ONLY countertop service.
- INSTALLATION DAY! Before we arrive to do the removal or installation of your countertops, you MUST check to make sure that the water shut off valve(s) under your sink work. If they don't, you will need to use the main water shut off at the time of the removal, and have the plumber that is hooking up your sink and faucet replace them before the water can be turned back on. If any leaking occurs because your shut off does not work, it is not the responsibility of David Stone LLC. We will not disconnect or reconnect any gas appliances, electrical appliances, or plumbing fixtures. We are NOT licensed plumbers and cannot do plumbing work for you. We will secure your under-mount sink to the countertop. We are not responsible for providing any other sort of service.
- Your sink and cooktop are mounted. The adhesive on an under-mount sink will need 24 hours to fully cure.
- The next day, your plumber comes to hook up the sink, faucet, dishwasher, and gas cooktop.
- Enjoy your beautiful new countertop! And leave us a review on Google about your experience with us.
Contact us if you have any questions!
Prior To Installation
Before we arrive to do the removal/installation of your existing countertops YOU MUST HAVE ALL PLUMBING DISCONNECTED. If we have arrived at the job and the plumbing is connected, we will NOT be able to install it. We are NOT licensed plumbers and cannot do plumbing work for you.
Dust will be raised during the tear-out, template, and installation processes. We will contain the dust as much as possible.
Existing countertops must be completely removed before installation (unless David Stone LLC is doing the existing countertop removal, which is an additional cost and should be informed when templating).
If you will be providing the sink/cooktop we will need the template or the physical sink/cooktop at our shop to get the precise cut-out measurements. If you’ll be using a farmhouse style sink it must be set into place, but not hooked up before installation and template.
Any overhang over 12” must have additional support in the form of brackets or steel reinforcements. This is not included in your estimate unless specified. David stone will set and secure sink(s) into place with the needed silicone and sink clips. However, any plumbing connections of said sinks will need to be completed by someone licensed to do so. David Stone is NOT licensed to provide this service. David Stone will cut an opening for the cooktop. However, any gas or electrical connections of the said cooktop will need to be completed by someone licensed to do so. David Stone is NOT licensed to provide this service.